LOOKING FOR THE 2014 STAPLES AD? CHECK IT OUT HERE. FOR A FULL LIST OF BLACK FRIDAY AD SCANS, CHECK OUT NERDWALLET’S BLACK FRIDAY AD LEAKS PAGE.
NerdWallet shares with you the deals of Black Friday ads when they arrive. If you still can’t find the store you keep looking for, check back again soon!
Staples Black Friday 2013
The Staples Black Friday 2013 ad is here! As noted earlier, the office supply store will be opening on Thanksgiving night, and the 12-page ads reveal some deals that might be worth lining up early for. More details on store hours and highlights from the ad can be found below.
Staples has announced its opening hours and thrown in a little Black Friday sale preview for good measure. On Thanksgiving night, shoppers will have access to Staples’ sweet deals, including the following recently released sale items:
- Toshiba C55D-A5382 Laptop: $249.99 (save $200)
- HP Pavilion Chromebook: $179.99 (save $150)
- Kindle Fire w/special offers: $79.99 (save $80)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile phone: $49.99 w/new 2-year contract agreement or qualified 2-year upgrade
Be sure to tune in to get the latest updates on Staples’ Black Friday 2013 news!
Staples Black Friday Ad Scans
Staples Best Black Friday Deals 2013
Staples’ Best Black Friday Deals for 2013 include:
- Samsung Galaxy S4: $0.01
- Kindle Fire 7″: $79 (regularly $179)
- Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ 16GB: $169 (regularly $269)
- Kindle Paper White: $119
- HP 14″ Chromebook: $179.99 (regularly $329.99)
- Asus ME102 Android Tablet $179.99 (regularly $279.99)
- Toshiba Laptop w/AMD A4 Quad Core APU: $249.99 (regularly $449.99)
- Toshiba Laptop w/Intel Core i3-3120M Processor: $299.99 (regularly $549.99)
- HP Laptop w/AMD A6 Quad Core APU: $379.99 (regularly $579.99)
- Staples Turcotte Chair: $49.99 (regularly $149.99)
- Staples Buriston Chair: $79.99 (regularly $169.99)
- Tempur-pedic Chairs: $199.99-$299.99 (regularly $299.99-$399.99)
- Canon MC5420 Wireless All-in-One Pinter: $49.99 (regularly $149.99)
- Neat Receipts for PC & Mac: $99.99 (regularly $179.99)
- All Brands of Ink: BOGO 50% off
- All Belkin iPhone & Galaxy S4 Cases: 50% off
Best Staples Black Friday Deals from 2013
For the best Staples Black Friday deals from 2012, the office supplies retailer had a 7-hour window of time for customers to take advantage of most of the great in-store deals, 5am until noon that day. Calling the doorbusting deals “Early Bird Specials,” the ad held 152 items, but there were a few limits: one item per customer, in-store only, and while supplies last.
Additionally, many items advertised a price with the words “After Rebate” printed below. The great savings on items really depended on whether you remembered to submit the “easy” rebate, the name Staples gave to rebates that were able to be submitted online. It’s safe to say the deals weren’t too generous overall.
A few noteworthy doorbusters, though, were the Toshiba 15.6” Core i7 Laptop w/ 6GB RAM, 640 GB HD, and Windows 8 at $579 ($220 off) and the HP 15.6” Core i5 Laptop w/ 6GB RAM, 640GB HD, and Windows 8 at $499 ($230 off). An even cheaper HP laptop, the HP 14” Pentium processor w/ 4GB RAM, 320 GB HD went for $299.99 ($230 off). Keep in mind, though, that the two HP laptops’ reduced sticker prices were “after rebate.”
Apart from laptops, tablets also occupied the first page of the ad, but Staples’s offering of the Amazon Kindle Fire HD at $199 mirrored Amazon’s price. Another one, the Google Nexus 7 at $199, was also being sold by Google at that price. The deals on tablets were a bit disappointing.
Electronics did occupy much of Staples’s big advertisements, but there were good savings on desks. The Altra Chadwick Corner Desk dropped from $199.99 to $99.99 and the Ergocraft Ashton L-shaped Desk dropped from $119.99 to $49.99, over 50%.
The back page of the ad offered 50% on certain tech products, such as Audio Technica, Skullcady and Memorex headphones or earphones. There was one other deal worth mentioning on the ad: Any online shopping orders at staples.com through December 29 had free shipping.
As for the results, the fourth quarter of Staples’s fiscal 2012 year, which included Black Friday, turned out to be positive: an increase of 3% in total company sales, which came to $6.6 billion. However, this takes into consideration an extra week in the quarter compared to 2011, so subtracting out that week, the company sales actually decreased 4% in that same time period as 2011. Black Friday nevertheless served as an impetus in Staples’s sales.
To see NerdWallet’s review of the 2012 Black Friday at Staples, click here. To see reviews of similar stores for this year’s Black Friday, click here.
Staples Black Friday Store Hours
Staples will be opening at 8 p.m. on Thursday, November 29th. That’s Thanksgiving night, folks! They’ll also be opening at 6 a.m. on Black Friday. For the full listing of other stores’ hours, please check out our Black Friday Store Hours page!
Staples store from Shutterstock